Monday, May 26, 2014

Kitchen Update

I know I have been away for a while, but I have an exciting post today. 
Who wants to see my house and how I have decorated it thus far? 
Throughout the rest of this month and through June, I will post different rooms of the house, how I decorated each, where you can find the products pictured, and where the inspiration stemmed from. 

Today, let's start with the kitchen. 

I have a few baja blankets, but this one is my favorite. I placed it in the kitchen because the rest of my decor is cafe/bistro inspired and this adds an unexpected pop of color and a whole different laid-back vibe, and it fits perfectly in the spot between the cabinets and fridge.
You can find baja blankets here, here, and here.

Okay, moving on...remember that bistro vibe I mentioned? These fat chef salt & pepper shakers from Kirkland's are a prime example of the kitchen style I was aiming for.

5-Ingredient Cookbook-Similar
101 blender drinks- Came with my Vitamix, Vitamix-here
Subway Art-Target
If you follow this blog, you will recognize those red flowers and the geometric design rug above from my previous home. If you've never seen either and want links to similar items, check it out below:
Rug [Similar]
Flowers [Similar]
Continuing with the fat chef vibe, I chose this picture from Wal-Mart (believe it or not)! [Similar]
To give you an idea what cabinets I am working with and how everything is actually set up.
Right off the kitchen is a small cement area and a backyard that wraps around to the front of the house. And as you can see, a glass door separates the kitchen and yard. Chairs-[similar]
Unfortunately I do not have many pictures of the living room because it is still in the process of coming together just the way I want, but here is a little sneak peak of the rug and fireplace! 
More details on where to snag one just like this to come in the "Living Room"post.

How do you think the kitchen is coming together? I like it so far, but there is still so much more that needs to be done, which is going to be really hard this Summer while working full-time. If you have any suggestions on fat chef or bistro themed decor at a reasonable price, feel free to comment below!

Other rooms in my house coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Nice kitchen decorating ideas!! Loving words to me...."I will post different rooms of the house, how I decorated each, where you can find the products pictured, and where the inspiration stemmed from"
    The mirrors are more amazing things also t decorate the kitchen. Framed Mirrors | Texascustommirrors.com i sthe leading store to supply your kitchen mirrors.

    ReplyDelete

Refrigerator Organizers:Ikea Ideas

"Four hours were spent gallivanting the many chaotic yet fascinating aisles of Ikea Home.  Pillows and glasses were picked out, Swedis...